Presented by Crafty College, Bluebonnet Crafters and From My Heart
An Original Design by Debbie with suggestions from the AOL Angel Crafts Board Angels Sept 1999
(2) 5 1/2" squares of plush felt for body
(2) 4"wide x 3 1/2"high pieces of regular felt for heart shaped wings
scrap of burgundy felt for heart
(2) 4 or 5mm half round beads for eyes
short piece of floss for whiskers
sm grapevine wreath for halo
light pink blush
lg eye needle
1. With wrong sides together and nap of felt going down on both pieces, transfer body pattern onto one square. Sew all around directly on pattern line. Cut out, leaving a 1/8" margin. Clip curves. Cut a 1 1/2" crosswise slit in upper back, be sure to cut thru ONE LAYER ONLY. Turn body right side out through the slit, smooth edges and stuff lightly.
2. Repeat above for the wings, but do not stuff.
3. Glue wings to back covering slits.
4. Glue the beads to front for eyes.
5. With a large eye needle, thread the floss through front layer 1/2" or so below the eyes. Fluff out ends and trim.
6. With a Q-tip, lightly blush on inner ears and nose.
7. Halo - Several ideas; braided jute, string of pearls/beads, etc. In keeping with the simplistic, country design of the cat, I opted to use a small grapevine wreath.
8. Thread a piece of fishing line through the top
for a hanger.
From My Heart
Copyright Notice: All pages and graphics are copyrighted by the Internet Visions Company and/or instructor. You may print these out for the use of the class only. All other uses or distributions are forbidden.
Crafty College is a division of the Internet Visions Company.
© 1998, Internet Visions Co. All rights reserved. All trademarks are owned by Internet Visions Company.